History & Purpose
Ken Boa’s monthly teaching letter, Reflections, first appeared in November 1983. Twelve years later, in 1995, Reflections Ministries was established to elevate and illuminate what are now Ken Boa’s reflections of a lifetime.
Today, Reflections Ministries is the context through which Dr. Boa animates the many facets of his ministry—a ministry of relational evangelism and discipleship, teaching, writing, mentoring, and speaking. The constancy of his vision through the years has established the ministry’s clear and focused purpose:
“To encourage, teach, and equip people to know Christ, follow Him, become progressively conformed to His image, and reproduce His life in others.”
The mission of Reflections Ministries is twofold:
- Develop and disseminate excellent biblically based resources that enhance the mind and the heart and that are transferable to others; and
- Reach the largest possible audience, through multiple resources, on a consistent basis.
Reflections Ministries maintains a time-honored set of core values:
- The authority and relevance of Scripture as a trustworthy revelation from God;
- The centrality of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
- The applicability of this relationship to every facet of life; and
- The significance of creative participation in the Great Commission to make disciples through evangelism, teaching, mentoring, and developing transferable resources.
“Reflections” was chosen as a name for the ministry because it represents Dr. Boa’s personal reflections on the truths of Scripture, while it also speaks to how every believer is intended to become a reflection of that truth:
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.” —2 Corinthians 3:18