Post Date: January 15, 2018
Author, blogger, and speaker Frank Viola recently added Life in the Presence of God to his list of “The Best 100 Christian Books Ever Written.” I was honored to then interview with him about some thought-provoking questions and topics that my book tends to raise.
Read Part 1 here, which covers:
- What it’s like to feel or experience God’s presence
- My thoughts for those who sense or feel “nothing” when seeking an awareness of God
- The difference in Christian meditation and meditation or mindfulness as practiced among nonbelievers
- My response to those who “strongly object to anything mystical”
- Some of my own current practices for practicing God’s presence
Part 2 is here and covers:
- Where in Scripture (Jesus’ life and the rest of the Bible) we find “practicing God’s presence”
- My counsel specifically to young people
- How we can explain the benefit non-believers receive from meditation
- Connection of this book to my prequel, Rewriting Your Broken Story, as well as a sneak peek into my next book
Image: Screen shot of Frank Viola’s “Deeper Journey” blog featuring Ken’s interviews.