- 2 Peter: Walking Wisely in an Unwise World
- 2 Peter: Living in Light of the End
- 2 Peter: Resources for Righteousness
- 2 Peter: A High Calling to Holiness
- 2 Peter: Growth and Confidence in Our Faith
- 2 Peter: The Glory of Jesus
- 2 Peter: The Light of the Morning Star
- 2 Peter: Catching the Counterfeits
- 2 Peter: The Fate of the False Teachers
- 2 Peter: The Nature of False Teachers
- 2 Peter: The Judgment to Come
Relevant reading: 2 Peter 1:19–21
In spite of our many advancements in this world, we are in a dark place. The world is engulfed in spiritual darkness, and counterfeits abound.
The Lamp of Scripture
The imagery of a lamp shining shows that our next steps are revealed moment by moment. The light illuminates them one ray at a time, keeping our feet from slipping in treacherous places. These are the times that we live in, surrounded by darkness and looking for the next guidance of the light. For now, we must walk by faith and not by sight.
We live in this world as pilgrims and strangers, filled with eager anticipation. As we go about our lives, we can live with the hope that Scripture supplies. Scripture, after all, is a God-breathed work. It corrects us and teaches us, equipping us and preparing us. The Holy Spirit works in us and illuminates the Word so that we will know God in this present age.
The Light of Christ
Like the false teachers in 2 Peter, we may be tempted to believe that this world is all there is. But one day, the dawn will rise, as Peter tells us. Jesus is the bright morning star (Revelation 22:16), and when He comes again, the darkness will be no more. This day draws near, and the light of Christ is coming. One day, we will see the Living Word with our eyes. God has prepared a place for us, and we will see Him face to face.
Watch part 7 of the series on 2 Peter. This teaching normally takes place Monday nights but is being taught virtually during closings related to COVID-19.