- Wisdom: The Lordship of Christ
- How to Cultivate an Eternal Value System
- The Practical Wisdom of Proverbs
- Walking in Wisdom
- The Source of Wisdom
- A Life Well Lived
- A Choice of Two Paths
- The Wisdom of Repetition
- The Desires of Your Heart
- The Small Surrenders
- The Humility of Fearing God
- The Characteristics of the Wise
- The Art of Listening and Speaking
- The Wisdom of Speaking Less
- Persuasive Peacemaking
- The Folly of Loving Money
- Don’t Waste Your Wealth
- The Theology of Wisdom
- The Wisdom of Submitting to God
- Wisdom and the Sovereignty of God
What is wisdom?
We often treat the temporal as if it were eternal. Our culture promises many paths of earthly happiness, calling us to go with the flow. But this is a soul-forming world, and we ought to be preparing ourselves for eternity in our Father’s house. Wisdom, then, is seeing this ephemeral, temporal arena as the brief sojourn that it is and living in light of eternity. Wisdom is living every component of life under the lordship of Christ.
It is easy to compartmentalize our Christianity. Instead of living for Christ, we relegate Him to a small corner of our lives. Holistic spirituality, however, teaches us to put Christ at the center of our lives. When we do so, everything flows from Him rather than from our own strength. As a result, there is no secular/sacred divide.
God calls us to know Him and enjoy Him; we do this when we have a relationship with Him. Therefore, we ought to foster an excellent relationship with God, overcoming the alienation of the Fall. This goal gives us a divine orientation on our lifelong journey as pilgrims in this world.
Like this video? Check out others from Ken’s Sunday Morning Class.
Click here to purchase Conformed to His Image.