- A Brief Intro to Shaped by Suffering
- Shaped by Suffering with Jenny Abel
- Shaped by Suffering: Born without Arms
- Shaped by Suffering: Cancer—Eliza Johnson
- Shaped by Suffering: Mental Health and Loss of a Child—Nate Hoff
- Shaped by Suffering: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome—Rebekah Howe
- Shaped by Suffering: Assassination Attempt, Excommunication, Imprisonment—Tilahun & Meseret
She grew up in the heart of the Amazon as the daughter of Wycliffe Bible missionaries. Watch Rebekah Howe tell her story of suffering through a mysterious disease that required 34 major operations to repair her joints that had come apart. Hear how this physical suffering has given her ministry, gratitude, hope—and an eternal perspective.
This is the fifth in a series of stories we’re telling in connection with Ken Boa’s new book, highlighting modern-day people who have been shaped by their suffering.
About the book: Shaped by Suffering tells us that only an eternal perspective can sustain us through the temporal sufferings required for growth in Christlike character in preparation for glory. Released from InterVarsity Press on February 4, 2020, the book is available for purchase in our online store (as well as from various commercial booksellers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble).